We first gave you the news that Drake and Chris Brown had been offered $1 million a piece to leave their bar brawls behind and get their gloves on in the boxing ring.
Well, since we reported that things have changed somewhat dramatically.
Forget a paltry $1 million each – Drake and Chris are now being offered $5 million a piece to fight like real men.
Celebrity Boxing Founder Damon Feldman and Billionaire partner Alki David insist it’s not a publicity stunt and they are shelling out the big bucks for what could be the biggest celebrity boxing match– ever!
The duo is offering $9 million to the winner and $1 million going to the loser… either way it seems like a win-win scenario to us.
If that is not enough to get the boys in the ring, well, we don’t know what is… besides the proceeds going to charity (remember the one for abused women?)
We think with such a staggering sum on the table, Drake and Brown would be crazy to turn the invitation down…. or just plain scared!
Let’s start a petition and make this happen!
Here’s the contract for Brown that just landed on our desks…
1. WHERE AS“Joint Promoters” wish to hire “Brown” as a the participant for an Amateur/Celebrity Boxing Event to be held in Los Angeles or Las Vegas:
2. WHERE AS “Brown” wishes to be the referee for said Amateur /Celebrity Boxing event to be held in Los Angeles or Las Vegas on September 15, 2012;
3. NOW THEREFORE in consideration of “Brown” receiving $5,000,000 plus travel and hotel accommodations from “Joint Promoters”; Brown must make a donation to a Charity of choice TBD! Brown will receive $2,500,000 upon signing this agreement and Balance to be paid at conclusion of event on September 15,2012.
4. “Brown” agrees to serve as a participant for the Amateur/Celebrity boxing event on September 15,2012 at a location to be determined in Los Angeles or Las Vegas;
5. As additional consideration for his participation, Brown will receive appear at the Press conference to be held at least six weeks prior to the boxing event and will appear at the weigh-in the night before the event.
6. “Brown” agrees to promote said Amateur/Celebrity Boxing Event at all media appearances leading up to the event and to publicize the event at every opportunity. The Boxing Gear will be 24 oz Boxing Gloves, HeadGear and Mouthpiece and the match will be 3-1minute Rounds. Brown will provide his own Medical coverage if an ijury occurred during the match.
7. “Brown ” agrees to return all monies advanced from “Joint Promoters”, if for any reason the boxing event on September 15,2012 should not take place because of himself or any injuy he may occur and realizes that should he not be able to participate in the event, for whatever reason, he will not be entitled to any compensation heretofore enumerated and will return all money, if any, previously advanced to him.
8. “Brown ” by agreeing to participate in this “event”hereby grants to “Joint Promoters” the absolute right to use his name, likeness and image from the date evidenced hereto in perpetuity when promoting this event.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, and intending to be legally bound, the parties hereto have set their hands and seals the day and year first above written.
Print, Sign and Date:
_________________________ Chris Brown
DAMON FELDMAN, Pres.
Celebrity Boxing Federation
And here is the link of the announcement of staggering amount the pair are being offered to settle their battle once and for all. This stuff is the real deal….are Drake and Brown, though?