1. Rotate products: Your hair gets used to products after about a month… Try switching your anti-frizz shampoo for a sulphate-free clarifying cleanser. [TRY THIS: Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo] ”Oil breaks down oil, so it will act like a reset button.” says Paul Cucinello, Beauty Expert & Creative Director at Chris Chase Salon. “Try pairing your new shampoo with a deep conditioning masque that’s for color treated hair. These tend to be packed with antioxidants and have UV filters and a low PH which leave your hair shiny, silky and smooth.” [TRY THIS: Oribe Masque for Beautiful Color]
2. Bored with your makeup? Put your money where your mouth is! Makeup Artist Ashlynn Evans suggests swapping out your go-to lipstick color for something that really pops. “Bright colors are really hot right now and when you wear a high impact lipstick or gloss it automatically makes you feel sexy.” [TRY THIS: Covergirl Blast Flipstick]
3. Color becoming too high maintenance? Colorist Jenna Montefusco at Chris Chase Salon says “lightening up your ends will make roots appear far less noticeable. Try creating an Ombré effect by asking your colorist to deepen the roots a little bit so they are closer to your natural color. Then ask them to paint in some sun-kissed streaks in the interior and around your hairline to brighten up your face.”
4. Subtle changes make a huge impact. ”Don’t go for a drastic cut, instead ask your stylist to add some invisible layers and texture to the interior of your hair without even touching the length.” says Stylist Andreas Anastasis at Chris Chase Salon. “This will keep it from becoming a major commitment or a drastic change. The effect is very lived-in, sexy and will actually appear longer.”
5. “That’s sooo Kardashian”…and that’s NOT a good thing. If your hair has been parted down the middle with perfectly coiffed waves for the past two years it’s definitely time for a change. Try smoothing out your waves, changing to a side part and going smooth and sleek. It just looks more current and will set you apart from the crowd. [TRY THIS: Remington Keratin Infusion Flat Iron]
Paul Cucinello is the Creative Director of chic West Chelsea Salon Chris Chase,
He is regularly featured in top beauty and lifestyle publications such as New York Magazine, Vanity Fair, Lucky, Teen Vogue, WWD, Style.com, Life & Style andAllure. His expert opinion is consistently sought after to comment on new celebrity hair trends and he toils over TV tresses by working on shows like Project Runway, Models of The Runway and on MTV’s “Made”.
To learn more about Paul Cucinello please contact: