Paul Cucinello -Beauty Expert / Creative Director at Chris Chase Salon
Celebzter: Can you tell us a bit about what you did with Jennifer’s hair?
Paul: We did a new all over color technique called a Sun Kiss: We apply single process color to the roots in a shade lighter than the natural color and apply high lift color to all of the hair from the mid shaft to the ends. The result is a lighter, brighter sun-kissed ombré blonde.
Celebzter: Why wasn’t her look working for her before?
Paul: Her before look was beautiful and I really like both looks for her but Jennifer loves change and was feeling really blah. This summer it’s all about color and we needed to really wake up her blonde and give it a more cosmetic look while maintaining an easy, lived-in feel.
Celebzter: What did you do to make it more manageable?
Paul: Maintenance in this type of color is simple! Roots look great a shade darker than the rest of the hair so we just smudge them with low volume Single Process to touch up her base color.
As far as cut goes, we freshened up her cut by adding some layers to emphasize bone structure and make it easier to style. Layers make your hair very “wash and go” but when you take the time to style it, it just falls into place.
Celebzter: Why is this look best for her?
Paul: This warmer blonde definitely brings out her blue eyes and makes her skin tone look warmer as well. It’s not that this is her only “best look”… It’s just a fresh look for her for summer. I love change and so does Jennifer. Change is a good thing!! Hair is your main accessory, so why not switch it up and try out something different when the seasons change?
Celebzter: What are the current trends in cuts, and length?
Paul:Right now it’s all about lots of movement and either really long or really short hair. Medium hair is out right now so make up your mind and pick an extreme.
Celebzter: What are the current trends in color?
Paul: Same rule apples with color. Make your color bold, not just a shade lighter or darker… If you are teetering on the edge, dive right in. You don’t have to be all over the same color either. Make sure there is plenty of gradation from deeper at the roots to a significant amount lighter on the ends.
3 Quick Tips:
1. Blast hair dry about 80% before you even dare to touch it with a brush. Hair is more elastic when wet so too much tension will only create split ends. Add a dollop of heat protection to the hair before you start styling. (I love Kerastase Nectar Thermique)
2. Don’t ever compromise your color while you travel. I love the new Oribe Beautiful Color Travel Set. It has 7 days worth of indiviual packets of their anti-oxidant & SPF-enriched shampoo & conditioner. Day 7 includes a Oribe Masque for Beautiful color to help nourish your hair and undo your sins in the sun.
3. Need to get some extra time in with your deep conditioner? Try using a masque to slick your hair back into a tight, high chignon for a night out. Pair it with a bold lip and some sexy lashes and you’re all set for a night of care-free indulgence.
Makeup Artist and Hair AssistantChris Chase Salon
Here’s what I used to get the “after” look on Jennifer’s face
LIPS: Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick – Love Test 11
EYES: YSL Metal -Eyes Pure Chromatics Wet to Dry Eye Shadow – Pallate #5
LASHES: Dior Diorshow Iconic Supreme Waterproo
fFACE: Laura Mercier Tinted MoisturizerCHEEKS: MAC Powder Blush – Dollymix
BROWS: Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express for Brows and Eyes
1. For a clean, fresh look, try using foundation as you would a concealer so you don’t look too “made up”. (I always use Laura Mercier Foundation)
2. Start to build a stronger look on the eye before doing your foundation. This will make cleaning up any dark-colored powders that may fall under the eye during your application a snap with makeup removing cloths. (I love Olay Clean & Mild Makeup Remover Cloths)
3. Scared to go bold on your lips? Try opting for a bright, sheer lip gloss instead of an opaque lipstick. (I love Channel Levres Scintillantes)
Hayley Simpson, Fashion Stylist
What Jennifer wore:
1. Madewell Blazer
2. TopShop Blouse
3. Urban Outfitters, Spark and Fade Leather Shorts
4. Dolce Vita Heels
Tips for Spring:
1.Spring/Summer 2012 is all about bold colors. Be daring and wear something similar to the Madewell Blazer that Jennifer is wearing. It is a subtle touch but makes a huge impact.
2.Do not be afraid to wear crazy prints. Like bold colors, prints are also very big right now. Replace the leather shorts and throw on a pair of colorful floral shorts
3. Buy yourself a pair of strappy sandals, they will elongate your legs. Wear the sandals with a pair of short shorts or a flowy skirt.
To find out more about Paul, Ashylynn and Lisa, click here.