By Sophia Hemphill
Ever wonder how Gwyneth Paltrow gets that radiant glow? Or where Sienna Miller, Lily Allen, Stella McCartney or supermodel Kate Moss turn to when their skin needs a boost? Well, the answer is London-based skin specialist, Linda Meredith.
Linda looks after celebrity’s skin with a range of fabulous treatments and facials at her Knightsbridge London salon and her products, which are featured here, are what celebrities swear by.
Here, Linda shares her top ten exclusive tips to achieving that red carpet glow…
TEN TOP TIPS.
1 Most important of all is to cleanse thoroughly both morning and night.
2. Most women do not realize the ageing process begins in the mid-twenties. The reason is it is happening under the surface and is not visual until our mid-thirties. My points do not wait until late forties to start with anti-aging products.
3. Try to always use water based products as they easily absorb into the deeper layers.
4. Always use a separate SPF over your moisturizer. SPF is topical and should remain on the surface for protection. If it is combined with a moisturizer it means the moisturizer is not as effective.
5. Most women today do not use enough product on their skin as they have a fear of breakouts. This related to heavier creams of the past. Water based products absorb quickly and do not build up on the surface to cause any reaction.
6. Think of using your creams like food as in fact you are feeding your skin. If your cream completely absorbs it may need a second application.
7. Our skin changes every day due to the environment we live and work in. This is why some days our skin needs more product than other days.
8. Food is a major factor today in causing skin problems. Excess fruit, Tomatoes, Dairy and wheat. The simple way to check is by eliminating a food group for a week and see if the problem subsides.
9. Stress also affects skin as it is an emotion that relates to the digestive system. Yoga, Meditation or any relaxation techniques will help. The easy way you can do yourself is massage the solar plexis ( middle section between the ribs ) anti-clockwise with a little oil for 5 minutes.
10. Every skin has a different thickness and this is important to remember when thinking about stronger invasive treatments. Just because a friend looked amazing does not mean it is right for you.